Our Commitment To Inclusion
OR’s DEI committee was formed in 2020 with a goal of improving diversity, equity and inclusion in both our company and industry. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that represents many different backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints and this group helps shape the organizational actions we take. This is how we define Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Organizational commitment to culture and policies that support individuals in all the ways they differ.
Removing advantages and barriers to provide access to the same opportunities for everyone.
Employees of all backgrounds feel supported and valued so they can be their authentic selves.
Women in the Workplace
We’re proud of our gender diversity in the workplace!
- 50% of Office Resources Leadership identify as female.
- 66% of Office Resources employees identify as female.
- For 11 years, Office Resources has partnered with Interior Resources Group, a Women Owned Business Enterprise and Knoll Associate Dealer. Learn more about IRG here.
The Office Resources DEI Committee is dedicated to cultivating diversity, promoting equity and fostering inclusion. In addition to the efforts the committee puts forth, all OR employees participate in a third party, company wide DEI training hosted by Human Power Solutions.
Office Resources is also a member of the IIDANE DE&I Committee! Holyn Nickerson, OR’s Executive Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, has her CoreNet Global Diversity & Inclusion program certification, volunteers on the DEI committee for IIDA and spearheads our internal DEI Committee at OR.
What Else Can We Do?
- Columbia “Books on Race & Culture”
- Forbes “10 Books To Help You Foster A More Diverse And Inclusive Workplace”
- TeamBuilding “15 Best Diversity and Inclusion Books for 2021”
- Edgility Consulting “11 Must Read Books on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion”
- Dr. Robin DiAngelo “White Fragility”
- Forbes ‘Five Podcasts To Encourage Diversity And Inclusivity”
- Diversity Inc “7 Podcasts to Add to Your Playlist That Talk Diversity”
Organizations To Donate To
- Black Interior Designers Network
- North Shore Magazines “Where to Donate to Support the Local Black Community”
- Charity Watch “African-American Charities”
Organizations To Get Involved With